Biracial and hating the other side
This is a Tyra show video about biracial women who hate one side of their racial composition or the other.
Most biracial people find themselves struggling with identity. What am I? Black, White, Hispanic? And more often than not, they also get caught up in families, especially their grandparents, rejecting them for being biracial or having a tinge of the other race. Society also does this to them. I remember when Vanessa Williams became the first woman of African American descent to be crowned Miss America, most Black folks said she did not represent them. She wasn't Black enough.
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
This video brings out some really interesting issues about multiracial identity, intra-group struggles and complexion issues. Having watched the video, do you think society plays a big role in pushing us to hate who we really are? Should we excuse these biracial women's hatred for hating the "other side"?
- Watch: How to Get Your Mr. Right 6X Faster...
- QOTW Video: Guy Worries His Black Girlfriend Will Judge His Trump-Supporting Mom
- Watch: He Doesn't Value You? Here's How to Change Him.
- QOTW: Asian Guy Introduces White Girlfriend to Family as a Friend
- Atlanta Matchmaker Coaches Black Women to Date Bisexual Men. No.