Church ban on interracial couples revoked!
Sometimes, a public outcry does reverse things. And this time, I am very pleased to report that it has worked to reverse the ban on interracial couples imposed on members of the Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church, Eastern Kentucky. And just as promised, the new Pastor Stacy Stepp looked into the issue and declared the resolution to ban interracial couples from the congregation, null and void because it ran contrary to local, state or national laws.
The discriminatory resolution has been thrown out the window and a new resolution has been passed... which allows "believers into our fellowship regardless of race, creed or color", Stepp told The Associated Press. Now, couples like Stella Harville and her fiancé Ticha Chikuni from Africa (the interracial couple the ban was imposed on) can now worship with the rest of the congregation in peace.
The new resolution is geared towards promoting "peace, love and harmony." My colleague James can now rest easy. No more "BLACK EYE" to this church!
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
- Octavia Spencer rents entire cinema so disadvantaged families can watch 'Hidden Figures'
- WATCH: Australian Model with Down Syndrome Debuts Fashion Line at New York Fashion Week
- WATCH: Groundbreaking Show by Breast Cancer Survivors at New York Fashion Week
- Thug Who Hurled a Tirade of Racial Insults at Mixed Race Man Jailed
- You could be spending Valentine's Day with Idris Elba! (Seriously!)
Adele dedicates her Grammy win to Beyoncé and apparently BREAKS award in half!!
Bella Hadid shows ex The Weeknd what he's missing with scorching selfie
Gucci's "all Black" Ad Campaign is Everything!
WATCH: Nipple Pasties and Lip Sync for Valentine's from Chrissy Teigen and John Legend
Oscars Clearly 'Not-So-White' This Year
10 responses to "Church ban on interracial couples revoked!"
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.