Oyelowo on his Interracial Marriage and Connection he Feels to Film 'A United Kingdom'
Being in an interracial marriage in real life, star of the film 'A United Kingdom', David Oyelowo, can't imagine how he would have survived had he been married 70 years ago. The British actor feels very fortunate to be living in this era.
Much as he acknowledges the presence of people who are not ok with interracial relationships yet, he is glad that he may never have to endure the kind of opposition that Sir Seretse Khama (played by Oyelowo) and his wife Ruth Williams had to endure. And for that, Oyelowo really admires them.
Actress Rosamund Pike plays Williams. Their marriage history because it stirred a diplomatic crisis between Britain and Botswana’s neighbor South Africa. Sir Seretse was from Botswana and Williams from Britain.
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
Here is the clip...
- Watch Viral Video of Bus Racist Attack against Mixed Race Man
- Steve Harvey's Wife Says "NO" About Him Attending Inauguration
- Octavia Spencer rents entire cinema so disadvantaged families can watch 'Hidden Figures'
- Bruno Mars Speaks Frankly on Racism and his Multicultural Music
- Zayn Malik Defends Gigi Hadid over "Racist" Impression
Responses to "Oyelowo on his Interracial Marriage and Connection he Feels to Film 'A United Kingdom'"
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.