AfroRomance Online Dating Safety Tips
AfroRomance is a large interracial dating website. We do our best to eliminate spammers and scammers. With your help we can make sure AfroRomance is a safe place to meet people online.
- There is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you.
- Never include your last name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other identifying information in your internet profile or initial e-mail messages. Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
- If you choose to have a face-to-face meeting with another member, always tell someone in your family or a friend where you are going and when you will return. Never agree to be picked up at your home. Always provide your own transportation to and from your date and meet in a public place with many people around.
- ANYONE WHO IS ABLE TO COMMIT IDENTITY THEFT CAN ALSO FALSIFY A DATING PROFILE.
- Never, never, never, never send money to anyone for any reason.
- Report users who try to sell products/services online. This includes users who try to offer some sort of job or business opportunity e.g. webcam sites. Many times this will be from users who are really in another country, even though they say they are in your country.
- Always let us know if a user sends you an offensive email. Our aim is that by making AfroRomance an 18+ dating website that our users will be mature and not send harassing messages.
Help us Fight Online Dating Scammers
Help us fight scammers and inappropriate profiles by following these common-sense rules. If you suspect a user is trying to scam you, immediately report them by clicking on the "Report Concern" link on their profile (or contact us directly). Most scams involve one or more of the following:
- Contacting you from somewhere far away, often in another country
- Requesting money (or a "loan") for an emergency, medical purposes, sick relatives, airfares, visas, etc.
- Contacting you and insisting they do not use AfroRomance much and so you should instead converse offsite e.g. on Yahoo or MSN messenger
- Refusing to meet face-to-face or talk on the phone. Instead, they would like to send you text messages or meet you on a video chat website (other than AfroRomance).
- Directing you to a webcam/porn site
- Giving a story such as working in (or visiting) a foreign country (especially countries such as Nigeria and Russia), having a sudden emergency and requesting money to help.
Report People Unsuitable for Dating
By reporting such violations, you not only protect yourself but also help keep AfroRomance a safe dating environment for all. AfroRomance has very strict rules against pornographic, violent, or otherwise offensive photos and profiles. Simply go to the violator's profile and click on the "Report Concern" link (or contact us directly).
- Pictures that include nudity, celebrity pictures, offensive material, or guns are strictly prohibited.
- AfroRomance is 18+ only. If you come across users under the age of 18, please immediately report them.
We appreciate your active participation to help keep AfroRomance a safe dating environment for everyone.
Click here for further information about internet fraud.